Workout tips: How to stay in shape while travelling  |  Photo Credit: Representative Image
- Traveling must not be used as an excuse to ditch the fitness routine
- For any fitness plan to work, one must ensure that consistency is practiced
- Here are some useful fitness tips for people who are travelling
New Delhi: Sticking with a workout routine is as difficult as commencing with one. WIth the busy lifestyle and hectic schedule, it may come off as a challenge to find time for fitness. Another challenge that people commonly face is keeping up with their fitness regime while travelling. If you are someone who often has to set out on business or casual trips, regulation of a consistent fitness routine may end up being difficult. Is there a way out? There always is.
Tips to stay fit while travelling
Here are some tips to stay fit while travelling:
- Do not forget to stay hydrated. Always carry a water bottle that stores sufficient water that will last throughout the journey.
- It is acceptable to loosen up on the diet while travelling and enjoy the variety of delicacies. However, avoid mindless consumption of unhealthy food as it can harm the health.
- While travelling, avoid taking transport for places where you can walk to. Try walking or renting a bicycle for transportation. This method will be both healthy and eco-friendly. Hotels, malls, and several places often have escalators and elevators. Instead of opting for these modes, use the stairs instead.
- You can pack easy to carry fitness equipment such as jump rope and yoga mat so they can prove to be useful in assisting you with your fitness routine whenever you get the opportunity.
- You can carry out no-equipment exercises such as squats, planks, pushups, and lunges. You can also carry out substitute equipment exercises such as arm rows using bags or bottles and tricep dips using chairs or tables.
As must as staying in shape is a choice, it is also a necessity. One must work towards staying in shape for the sake of their health and body. There are several ways in which one can practice a fitness routine despite being away from home or the gym. One just needs to find the motivation and determination to do so.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now