Finding it hard to stay motivated? Tips to make exercise a part of your regular lifestyle  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- An inconsistent workout routine may often yield futile and disappointing results
- People often discard their workout routines due to a feeling of monotony or isolation
- Find the motivation to stick with a workout routine with these effective tips
New Delhi: If you think commencing with a workout routine is difficult, try defeating the constant surges of procrastination and sticking with a routine. Consistency is one of the factors that contribute to the success of a workout plan. Finding the drive to turn into a couch potato and binge watch Netflix all day is fairly easier than following a rigorous workout routine requires a significant amount of motivation. People, who say, “You just need to find the motivation within yourself” might be right, but how can we reach out and pull that motivation that is hidden away in some obscure corner?
Workout: Tips to stay motivated
Here are some ways in which you can stay motivated to carry out your workout routine:
- Workout with a friend: Fitness is an aspect that every human must work towards. It is not a matter of embarrassment to ask a friend or family to accompany you to your workout. It can prove to be a moment of bonding and you both can work towards achieving a healthy body together. Apart from eliminating the scope for the feeling of isolation to seep in, it may also give way to some healthy competition which can help to sustain motivation.
- Grove to some tunes: Making an activity fun is an effective way to ensure continued enthusiasm and when has music ever failed to light up a dull setting? Make exclusive workout playlists and listen to them during your sessions. You can make playlists based on days, moods, and genre and keep alternating between the varieties according to your preference. If someday you feel indecisive, just put it on shuffle and let fate decide it for you.
- Set realistic goals: Unrealistic goals are often difficult to achieve and may end up yielding disappointing results. These futile results may lead to loss of motivation. Therefore, to avoid this from happening, make sure that you set realistic workout goals that align with your physique and does not take a toll on your mental health. Always remember that you must exercise to become healthy and conventional standards of beauty and body do not define your worth.
- Add variety: To make the workout fun, add a variety of workout exercises and keep switching between them at regular intervals. This way, you will not get bored of a set and can avoid monotony by altering between a wide variety of sets.
- Do not forget to reward yourself: When parents reward their kids, it is meant to encourage them to keep up with good habits. However, growing up does not mean exempting oneself from rewards. Rewards can act as a driving force and can encourage you to keep up with a consistent workout routine. The rewards do not necessarily have to be extravagant and you can add things that make you happy like putting on your favourite workout clothes, washing your hair, taking a relaxing bath, or having a cheat meal.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now